Monday, May 23, 2011

HW 57- Initial thoughts on Prom

I think prom can be exciting because although pretty expensive and traditional, people can have a lot of fun with their friends and other people in their grade. Something I look forward to most at prom is the transformations that people will make in terms of the gown or tuxedo they chose to wear, and how their hair looks. This is important because in school we see people in a different atmosphere, at school people are mostly focused on getting their work done, but at prom people just want to have fun.

Prom, in my family, has been a big event because my brother didn’t go to his prom so my mother really enjoyed buying me the dress, and making all of the other preparations for prom. Although my mother would have liked for me to have a date I didn’t think it was necessary for me to bring a date. I don’t think you need a date to prom to enjoy yourself, you can have fun with your friends. It’s nice to have a date because every girl wants to feel like Cinderella for just one night, but it’s more beneficial to you if your prom date is your boyfriend or someone you really like. If you bring someone just to have a date it will be pretty awkward if you don’t talk to that person and interact with them everyday. I think that either you enjoy prom because you enjoy the people you are with or you don’t enjoy prom because you don’t like the people you were with. It seems that one of the main reasons people are not attending prom is because they don’t like the people in our grade. I may not like or communicate with everyone in our grade but for me personally I am not going to prom to talk to them I am going to hang out with my friends and enjoy myself.

Some questions that I hope to explore in the week are:

What needs to happen for someone to have the best prom experience?

Why are girls pitied if they don’t bring a date to prom? Why do you need to bring a date to prom?

Why do things change after prom? Why don’t these things occur before prom rather than the night of? (Including: hookups that people would never expect, and transformations)

No comments:

Post a Comment