Monday, May 23, 2011

HW 58 - Prom Interviews

People attending prom:

Person #1

Prom to me wasn’t that important I felt as though it was my last chance to hang out with my friends, in a more formal setting. I was forced to go my mother. I expect to have fun dancing with my friends even though not all of them are going. I still expect to have a great time on the night or prom.

Person #2

I expect a typical prom. People will dress nice in heels, tuxes. I expect maybe a few funny moments and a lot of good times as people dance and take photos. I want to participate not only because of the once in a lifetime opportunity to attend prom but because we haven’t done much as a grade, there was no senior trip. I find some dsp of prom that you must have a date to enjoy yourself but that is not true.

People that attended prom:

Well prom night was a night where everyone got along and was happy with each other. For some reason it was a competition to see who looked the best. But for me it was great there I got dressed up and looked nice, I was with my friends, I danced and made memories. I will never forget the food and the dancing.

Much older people and their insights on prom:

My mother didn’t go to her prom but she does think that prom is important in our society. It is sort of like a coming of age event. Prom as she explained is a part of enjoying the last days of your senior year because there’s no place like high school. There may never be these kinds of combinations of people in college. Prom is about making memories and talking people and taking lots of pictures to remember those fun times.

I think it’s very interesting that most of the people mentioned that the memories are the most important thing they would like to take or have gotten from the night. It is important that we have good memories and life after high school is very different so prom is the one night where we can make our dreams come true. I think there is a lot of competition about a dress or a tux because we want to stand out more than the next person. Most people that have decided to go were not really excited about going to prom but became happy after going and despite what they thought they actually enjoyed themselves. Prom night can bring many surprises.

No comments:

Post a Comment