Saturday, May 28, 2011

Hw #59

I am happy to say that I attended prom. At first I was worried that I would not enjoy myself because of the music, or the people or whatever. Although I didn't enjoy the music it was a different setting in terms of the way people treated one another. We were much nicer to eachother and I can say that I acknowledged more people as well as others acknowledging me and my appearance. There were definitely transformations that occured but I also feel that it't not like these transformations occured in one day, they were always there some people just never noticed them. At first I was also worried about competition with peoples dresses and although this problem existed while in the process of buying dresses it was no longer an issue at prom. At prom I complemented everyone on their dresses and tuxedoes because everyone looked beautiful and it was definitely a night to remember.

It makes me sad that this was my only chance at prom because there were certain things I wish I could change but I guess I have up untilw e graduate to do those things. I enjoyed the dancing at prom because it wasn;t about who was dancing and how were they dancing, everyone was dancing and enjoying themselves. At times I wished that I had brought a date with me because from time to time, I would see some couples making out on the dance floor and though I didn't want to be like them I wanted to have that person there that is special to me. There was also a lot of picture taking because like all of the people I interviewed said that prom night was all about the memories we create on that night. It is true that things that are not planned may happen because on prom night I saw a lot of people interacting that I would never expect to be together and it makes me wonder if it was prom night that made this happen or the tension that was building up between those people. Prom was a night to remember and I will always remember it.

No comments:

Post a Comment